Wednesday, March 08, 2017
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, your Flood Control System is another year older!!!
Our Clean & Check department officially reopens March 20th, 2017.
Look out for your reminder post card in the mail to take advantage of the coupon attached and don't forget to call in and schedule your annual maintenance check. 847-676-1931.
We can also check any Sump Pumps, Yard Drainage systems, and Battery Back-ups.
Tuesday, September 20, 2016
Please read below for some tips of what to do and what not to do during a flood event or a torrential downpour.
- Stay tuned in to any local news stations or radio stations and follow any instructions that are given.
- Sign up for any emergency alert systems your local area offers. Nowadays, most areas can notify you via text or email to alert you of any severe weather conditions that are headed your way.
- Majority of the time when we are experiencing severe weather, we also have to worry about power outages. Make sure to keep extra batteries handy for flash lights and battery operated radios.
- Make sure cell phones are charged or invest in a portable charger.
- Electrocution is also a very serious matter to keep in mind during a flood event, current passes very easily through water. Avoid any downed power lines or electrical wires
- Stay indoors if possible but also be prepared to evacuate at a moments notice.
- Avoid walking through flowing water. Six inches of moving water can knock the average person off their feet.
- Avoid driving if possible; six inches of water can also reach up to the bottom of most passenger cars, this can cause stalling or loss of control.
- If you do happen to find yourself in a situation where your car has stalled in a flooded area, evacuate immediately or as soon as you can. Floodwaters can rise at a rapid rate or even sweep your car away.
- * some of these tips were found in the Northbrook Newsletter.
Friday, February 19, 2016
We have received word that the Village of Niles is almost out of funding to assist homeowners with the installation of systems to prevent sewage back ups in basements. If you are holding off on scheduling your FREE FLOOD CONTROL estimate, we strongly encourage you to call today to schedule and take advantage of any funds that are left. 847-676-1931
Friday, February 19, 2016
The Village of Broadview now offers a reimbursement program to Single Family homeowners to defray a portion of the costs of providing protection from back up sewage in the basement. This program will assist in offsetting the cost a homeowner incurs when installing one of the following; Overhead Sewer, Backflow Prevention Valve, Left Station and Sump Pumps. You will be reimbursed 50% of the work up to $2500.00. Please contact your village to fill out an application and get further details.
Thursday, February 04, 2016
Great news for all Oak Park residents that experience sewer backups!
The Village is offering a grant program for qualifying homeowners that get sewage backup in their basements during times of heavy rain.
The program's intent is to offset a portion of the expense that a homeowner will incur to modify the building's plumbing system such that sewage cannot backflow in to the building when the Village sewers are full.
Eligible homeowners may qualify for a grant of 50% of the total cost of sewer back up prevention improvements, up to a maximum of $3,500.00, to install either an Overhead Sewer System or a Backflow Prevention System.
Click the link below to download the application.
Tuesday, September 29, 2015
The Village of La Grange Park is pleased to announce a program to assist single-family homeowners with the cost of plumbing improvements to address sanitary sewer related backups The program is being administered on a “first come – first served” basis, and will provide 50% reimbursement of eligible sewer related costs, subject to a maximum reimbursement of $3,000 for backflow devices or $5,000 for overhead sewers. The goal of the program is to encourage homeowners to improve their quality of life and enhance property values through the reduction of sanitary sewer backups. To accomplish this goal, $50,000 has been budgeted for the period of May 1, 2015 through April 30, 2016.
For more information and application, please click on the link below.
For all of our customers that reside in the Village of Schiller Park, the Village is now offering a grant for installation of Sewer Check Valves. There are some restrictions in order to be approved for the grant. To see if you are eligible and to take advantage of this offer please copy and paste the link below in to your browser.
The following list are the Cities and Villages in the Chicagoland area that offer rebate programs for homeowners that are looking into installing a Flood Control System, Clean Out Station or converting to an Overhead Sewer System.
- Arlington Heights (847-368-5000) - Currently offering a rebate of up to $5000.00 to convert to an Overhead Sewer System.
- Elmhurst (630-530-3000) - Currently offering a rebate of up to $5000.00 to convert to an Overhead Sewer System.
- Des Plaines (847-391-5380) - Currently offering a rebate of up to $2000.00 on any type of Sewer Repair if the problem is in the right - of way. Also offering a rebate of up to $2000.00 off the installation of any flood mitigation/control system including Overhead Sewers, Flood Control Systems, or Battery Backup Systems.
- Glencoe (847-835-4111) - Currently offering a rebate of up to $2000.00 to convert to an Overhead Sewer or the installation of a Flood Control System.
- Morton Grove (847-965-4100) - Currently offering interest free loans for a conversion to an Overhead Sewer or the installation of a Flood Control System.
- Schaumburg (847-895-4500) - Currently offering a rebate of up to $5000.00 to convert to an Overhead Sewer system.
- Brookfield (708-485-7344) - Currently offering a rebate of up to $4000.00 for flood mitigation.
- Niles (847-588-8000)
- Glenview (847-904-4400) - Currently offering a cost sharing program for installation of Overhead Sewer system they will reimburse up to 50% of cost with a max of $7500.00.
Thursday, January 05, 2012
Now that the holiday season is over and we have approached a New Year, it's a great time to tackle your 'fix-it' list.
We are here to help you get it done the RIGHT way! Give us a call today. We're open 5 days a week from 8AM to 4:30PM to serve your plumbing and flooding needs.
Don't forget to visit our mobile site for COUPONS on the go!
By downloading our mobile site you will be able to take advantage of the exclusive special discounts at all times.
Go to your mobile phone's browser, look up parksplumbingandsewer.mobi and download for these special offers and more info!
- $100 off for a new Flood Control installation
- $25 off of Plumbing Service calls
- $50 off of Battery Back-Up
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Cicero offering $2000 rebate for flood control system installation. Parks' is the expert in Flood Control and has installed many systems in the town of Cicero.