Dehumidifiers can have a huge impact during the summer, a rainy spell or any time a temperature of more than 60 degrees combines with high humidity. Dehumidifiers eliminate excess moisture in the air, which may have a huge impact on your home. The lesser-known benefits of dehumidifiers include preventing the peeling of wall paper, protecting home electronics and music equipment, preserving documents, and keeping sofas, chairs curtains from smelling. Eliminating those unpleasant odors is one of the top benefits of running a dehumidifier.
Here are 6 reasons you may want to invest in one:
1. There's a musty smell in your home. - Moisture in the air tends to hold and trap odor. A dehumidifier will dry out the air and take away this moldy scent.
2. There is condensation on your windows. - This is an indication that the humidity in your home is too high. Constant condensation can lead to water dripping into sills and it could damage your wood frames around the window.
3. Leaks in your basement are a common occurrence. - Especially after a heavy rain, if you have water dripping, sweating walls or rings of mold spores you probably want to set up a dehumidifier to dry out the area. If your basement is damp in the summer months it is a good idea to keep one running throughout the season.
4. You like to hang laundry to air dry in the basement. - Having a dehumidifier can lessen the drying time for clothes that are hanging, it can also speed up your drying time if you are painting.
5. You or family members suffer from allergies. - If you have allergies that stem from mold, mildew and dust mites a dehumidifier may provide some relief. A damp space creates a thriving environment for mold, mildew and dust mites and running a dehumidifier can drastically improve the air quality. Look for one with antimicrobial technology.
6. Foods go stale or get moldy quickly. - Cereal will stay dryer and bread will last longer.
For more information on dehumidifiers or to read the full article please click on the link below