The Holiday season is here! Time for the family to come over and visit for a nice big feast! Don't get caught off guard with clogged drains. Proper disposal of Fats, oil and grease, and scraps of food ( or what we like to call F.O.G.S) is essential. Make sure when preparing to cook your large meals for the family this year you follow the tips below.
Fact: Liquid grease from cooking may not seem to be a problem for your drains but as the grease cools, the liquid solidifies and can become stuck in your drains!
Tips & Tricks
- Make sure the F.O.G liquid is cool enough to be handled. We don't want to burn ourselves trying to handle hot liquids!
- Pour any excess grease, fat or oil in a container that can be sealed. Be sure to pour it in something you won't mind throwing in the trash. We recommend an empty gallon of milk or bottle of soda.
- After you have filled the empty container make sure to seal it tight. Store the liquid in the freezer until its garbage pick up day.
- Dispose of the container with the frozen liquid in the trash.
- For any small spills or drips, wipe up with a paper towel and let it soak up any liquid. Dispose of the paper towel in the trash.
- Make sure not to let any food scraps fall down the drain and try to give your garbage disposal a rest. Place any scraps of food in a disposable container and throw in the trash.
We hope that our Holiday Tips & Tricks come in handy this season! If you have any plumbing issues that won't go away with a D.I.Y remedy don't hesitate to pick up the phone and call your friends at Parks' Plumbing. Call today, we'll be on our way!