Tuesday, December 18, 2012
"This award is the highest honor given annually to less than 5% of companies on Angie's List." - Angie's List Business Center
We here at Parks' pride ourselves in Customer Satisfaction. Angie's List is one among numerous awards we have received for our services. We are honored that we can accept this award for the second year in a row!
Don't forget sharing is caring, so if you have a second please take time out to write a review about your experience with our company. We appreciate any feedback we can get on ways to improve our company we also appreciate the compliments!
Monday, November 05, 2012
Some simple fixes can add up to some major savings!
What seems like a minor problem may surprise you how much money and energy can be saved by a quick fix when you nip the drip!
- Fix a leaky faucet, save 20 gallons a day!
Leaky faucets are typically a simple fix that can save you major water. Usually the cause of these leaky faucets are worn out washers, you can either pull out the Do- It - Yourself book or if you want to save time and rest easy that the job was done correctly call PARKS'.
- Fix a leaky toilet, save 30 gallons a day
- Replace an old toilet with a low flush toilet, save 40.5 gallons a day.
A leaky toilet can be a simple fix as well, if you're mechanically inclined. Most leaky toilets often mean you need a new one, especially if your current toilet is ten or fifteen years old. By replacing the toilet with a low-flow toilet you can save up to 5 gallons per flush. You can save even more water with a dual flush toilet, this gives the option to flush solids or liquids. The savings add up quickly, more so if you avoid using the toilet as an ashtray or wastebasket. This can add up to conserving 400- 600 gallons per month.
- Repair an outdoor pipe leak or broken sprinkler head, save 20 gallons a day
- Repair a leak around the pool or spa pumps, save 20 gallons a day.
Simply replacing your showerhead with a new efficient model drastically cuts water consumption from 500 to 800 gallons per month, while you still enjoy excellent shower power. Current energy guidelines recommend a 2.5 gallons per minute (GPM) rating. Placing aerators on three kitchen and bath fixtures saves 14 gallons a day, while retaining excellent water pressure.
We all know that clogged toilets and drains are unexpected nuisances in life. A drain line has one purpose - to move water from the start point to the end point in one direction. But when water starts to flow back up towards the starting point or bursting through pipes to other points the end result is a MASSIVE headache from dealing with all the hassle.
Here are some Tips and Tricks to prevent them from clogging in the first place.
1. Once a week, fill each sink in the house to the top and the pull up the stopper. The volume and weight of the water will help flush the drain lines.
2. Never pour oil or grease down a drain. You can use household items to pour the oil into such as, empty gallon of milk or an empty 2 liter of soda. Just cut the top of the bottle off to create a bigger opening and pour oil in with out making a mess. You can freeze this oil once the bottle is full and discard it on garbage day.
3. Remember to at least check your sink and tub stoppers four times a year for build up. Remove any hair and bio-film and dispose of in the trash.
4. If you already have a clogged drain try using a plunger first. Apply petroleum jelly on the rim of the plunger for better suction. Do not use a plunger after applying any chemical drain cleaners. Avoid chemical drain cleaners if possible, the chemicals in them can damage the pipes and eventually cause them to leak or burst.
Lou Manfredini with our Top Executives at a local Chamber meeting. (From L to R) Keith Schreiner, Lou Manfredini, Robert Mc Darrah, and Jeff Poczatek
Lou is the owner of the Edgebrook Ace Hardware and a broadcaster on WGN Radio he also can be seen in local commercials and making appearances on NBC's Today Show. Lou is nationally recognized as the Home Improvement Expert. Our President Jeff and Lou have been longtime friends and neighbors. Here they all are at one of the many local chamber meetings that our company is involved with. As a neighborhood business we like to stay up to date with information on the areas we provide service to.
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Call today and schedule your annual Clean & Check for your Flood Control system! (847)-676-1931
Let us provide you with a 21 point inspection by our qualified Flood Control Technicians.
Don't forget your Flood Control is a mechanical system just like a car, therefore it needs maintenance.
Our annual Clean & Checks will have your Flood Control running in tip-top shape!
We HIGHLY recommend to have your system checked out once a year, it is vital in maintaining a properly working Flood Control.
- Diamond Club Members - Don’t forget that you are entitled to one FREE home inspection
- Call today and take advantage of this offer before the summer rush hits!
Call today, we're on our way!!
Thursday, January 05, 2012
Now that the holiday season is over and we have approached a New Year, it's a great time to tackle your 'fix-it' list.
We are here to help you get it done the RIGHT way! Give us a call today. We're open 5 days a week from 8AM to 4:30PM to serve your plumbing and flooding needs.
Don't forget to visit our mobile site for COUPONS on the go!
By downloading our mobile site you will be able to take advantage of the exclusive special discounts at all times.
Go to your mobile phone's browser, look up parksplumbingandsewer.mobi and download for these special offers and more info!
- $100 off for a new Flood Control installation
- $25 off of Plumbing Service calls
- $50 off of Battery Back-Up
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
The Holiday season is here! Time for the family to come over and visit for a nice big feast! Don't get caught off guard with clogged drains. Proper disposal of Fats, oil and grease, and scraps of food ( or what we like to call F.O.G.S) is essential. Make sure when preparing to cook your large meals for the family this year you follow the tips below.
Fact: Liquid grease from cooking may not seem to be a problem for your drains but as the grease cools, the liquid solidifies and can become stuck in your drains!
Tips & Tricks
- Make sure the F.O.G liquid is cool enough to be handled. We don't want to burn ourselves trying to handle hot liquids!
- Pour any excess grease, fat or oil in a container that can be sealed. Be sure to pour it in something you won't mind throwing in the trash. We recommend an empty gallon of milk or bottle of soda.
- After you have filled the empty container make sure to seal it tight. Store the liquid in the freezer until its garbage pick up day.
- Dispose of the container with the frozen liquid in the trash.
- For any small spills or drips, wipe up with a paper towel and let it soak up any liquid. Dispose of the paper towel in the trash.
- Make sure not to let any food scraps fall down the drain and try to give your garbage disposal a rest. Place any scraps of food in a disposable container and throw in the trash.
We hope that our Holiday Tips & Tricks come in handy this season! If you have any plumbing issues that won't go away with a D.I.Y remedy don't hesitate to pick up the phone and call your friends at Parks' Plumbing. Call today, we'll be on our way!
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Now that we have said our good- bye's to the Summer season, it's Hello Fall!
This is the time of year when the leaves start to fall from the trees. Make sure to keep all drains, yard basins, stairwells and window wells clear of debris and leaves. If you think that you need any of those drains or wells cleaned or rodded out before the winter season hits, don't hesitate to call Parks'! We will be happy to assist you in any of your plumbing needs. Call Today, We're on our way!
Do you have a back up plan for your pumps?
Get a battery back-up for your sump
pump or Flood Control system!
During these storms about 50% of flooding was caused by standard pump failure during a power outage!
Don't get caught without a back up plan! Call today to get more info on our Battery Back Up Systems!
Don't get caught with a flooded basement!
Did you know that we can camera you sewer line to make sure it is in good condition?
All of this can be done at the time of your Annual Clean & Check of your Flood Control System.
Call today to schedule before it's too late!